Terms & Conditions
It is important that you read our Terms and Conditions and that you contact us if anything is unclear. We also request that you carefully read the information provided about the tour, activity or transfer you will be attending, as this information is crucial to what it entails.
1. Where two or more people are included on the same booking, or a booking is being made on behalf of a third party, the person making the booking (the Client/Tour Operator/Agent) shall be deemed to be acting as an agent for all members of the party travelling (the Passenger/-s), and accepts the Visit Abisko Terms and Conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
2. Where a booking is made by telephone, the booking is subject to the Client’s/Tour Operator’s/Agent’s acceptance of the Visit Abisko Terms and Conditions.
3. Payment by a private Client is to be made upon booking through the Visit Abisko booking site unless otherwise agreed between Visit Abisko and the Client. Tour Operators/Agents will be invoiced at the end of every month and will have 14 days to make the payment.
4. Cancellation policy for Private Clients
Tours/activities cancelled up to 14 days before the scheduled date of the tour/activity will be fully refunded. In the event of a cancellation within 14 days before the scheduled date of the tour/activity, no refunds will be offered. This equally applies if a booking has been made within 14 days ahead of the scheduled tour/activity. Cancellations must be made by Clients via email to email@example.com, and will be confirmed by email. If no confirmation of cancellation has been received it is the responsibility of the Client to contact Visit Abisko on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers cancelled up to 7 days before the scheduled date of the transfer will be fully refunded. In the event of a cancellation within 7 days before the scheduled date of the transfer, no refunds will be offered. This equally applies if a booking has been made within 7 days ahead of the scheduled transfer. Cancellations must be made by Clients via email to email@example.com, and will be confirmed by email. If no confirmation of cancellation has been received it is the responsibility of the Client to contact Visit Abisko on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Cancellation policy for Tour Operators & Agents
Cancellations must be made by Tour Operators/Agents on the Visit Abisko booking site. Tours/activities may be cancelled up to 14 days before the scheduled date of the tour/activity at no charge. In the event of a cancellation within 14 days before the scheduled date of the tour/activity, the Tour Operator/Agent will be invoiced the full amount. This equally applies if a booking has been made within 14 days ahead of the scheduled tour/activity.
Transfers may be cancelled up to 7 days before the scheduled date of the transfer at no charge. In the event of a cancellation within 7 days before the scheduled date of the transfer, the Tour Operator/Agent will be invoiced the full amount. This equally applies if a booking has been made within 7 days ahead of the scheduled transfer.
6. Visit Abisko maintains the right to cancel bookings at any time if it feels it will be unable to supply the booked service in a correct manner, due to for instance (but not limited to) severe weather conditions. Such decisions will be made by the driver on the day of the transfer or tour and Visit Abisko will make every effort to contact the affected Passenger(s)/Tour Operator/Agent.
7. Delays may occur due to for instance (but not limited to) traffic, roadworks, accidents, bad weather, avalanche, sudden illness or other unexpected events. The cost for such delays are not included in any bookings with Visit Abisko.
8. If an activity/tour/transfer is cancelled by Visit Abisko or any of Visit Abisko’s suppliers, the Client/Tour Operator/Agent has the right to full reimbursement or to accept another tour that is comparable. Visit Abisko will always try to offer an alternative where possible.
9. Any complaint or request for refund must be made by email to email@example.com, within one calendar month of the return date of travel.
10. Private Transfers are deemed to be those which the Client/Tour Operator/Agent has paid for the full maximum capacity of the bus or where a specific agreement has been made between Visit Abisko and the Client/Tour Operator/Agent. In all other cases transfers are deemed to be a Shared Transfer and will be subject to sharing with other passengers. Shared transfers normally service two flights and therefore Passengers may need to wait for further arriving Passengers before departure.
11. Visit Abisko’s transfers only service selected flights. Each of Visit Abisko’s airport transfers only service flights arriving at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time of that transfer. The transfer will depart at the stated departure time. Passengers not present at the stated departure time will have missed the scheduled service. No refund will be available in such an instance. Visit Abisko will endeavour to contact all Clients (or tour operators) on the contact numbers provided, to inform of any last minute changes. Visit Abisko will endeavour to contact all Clients (or Tour Operators/Agents) on the contact numbers provided, to inform of any last-minute changes.
In the event of delayed flights, the transfer will wait for Passengers traveling on the delayed flight/-s. The wait time will be at the driver’s discretion and Visit Abisko can not guarantee that the transfer will wait for delayed Passengers. If the flight/-s are cancelled, the transfer will depart without any delayed Passengers not present. In this circumstance no refund is available to delayed Passengers, but Visit Abisko will do what they can to rebook you to a different transfer. Other Passengers booked on the same transfer as the delayed Passengers may need to wait for the delayed flight.
12. Passengers on Visit Abisko’s transfers have the right to bring two items of checked baggage each. One with the maximum weight of 23 kg and one with the maximum weight of 8 kg. The following baggage measurements may not be exceeded: L=250 cm, H=79 cm, W=112 cm for the big bag (23kg) and L=40 cm, H=15 cm, W=30 for the smaller bag (8kg). Any baggage exceeding the limit of the two checked bags must be declared at the time of booking. The sum of all three sides of the baggage item (L+H+W) is limited to 300 cm. In addition to this, you are able to bring one small purse, computer bag or similar personal bag limited to L=40 cm, H=15 cm, W=30 cm on board the bus. Visit Abisko reserves the right to charge a supplement fee of 75 SEK for additional baggage (following the measurements and weights limitations) or refuse to transport excess items. Visit Abisko will only carry bags and ski/snowboard baggage. Visit Abisko reserves the right to refuse to carry any other types of baggage unless explicitly stated or where a specific agreement has been made between Visit Abisko and the Client/Tour Operator/Agent. Pulks or sledges are not allowed on any of Visit Abisko’s transports.
13. Ski or snowboard baggage must be pre-booked upon the time of booking. Each Passenger is allowed one piece of ski or snowboard baggage in addition to other checked baggage. The ski or snowboard baggage may only consist of a cover and one set of skis and poles or alternatively a cover and a snowboard. The ski baggage does not include a boot bag – these must be carried on board and will be counted in the carry-on baggage. Larger ski or snowboard bags with space for other items (wheeled ‘double bags’ or similar) will be counted in the allowed checked baggage. All ski and snowboard baggage items must be within the measurement and weight limitations that apply for other checked baggage. Visit Abisko reserves the right to refuse to carry any ski and/or snowboard baggage that does not meet the ski baggage terms.
14. Any child over 3 years travelling is required by Swedish Law to be seated in a seat with a booster seat. This means the child is required to have its own paid seat. If the child is over the height of 135cm a booster seat is not required. Children under the age of 3 are required to sit in the lap of an adult. The booster seat needs to be pre-booked upon the time of booking. The booster seat are limited and can therefore not be guaranteed. All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
15. All items of luggage must be clearly labelled with the owner’s name and destination address.
16. As a courtesy to guests with allergies, pets are not allowed on any of Visit Abisko’s tours. They are allowed on our transfers.
17. Visit Abisko will endeavour to honour special requests made, but are under no obligation to do so.
18. All Visit Abisko vehicles are fully insured for Passenger and third party claims, as required under Swedish law. However, whilst every care is always taken, a Passenger’s property is carried entirely at the Passenger’s own risk. Visit Abisko is not liable for loss of or damage to Passengers’ personal items. Passengers are advised to check their own travel insurance to make sure they are familiar with its conditions and the extent of its coverage in the case of lost or damaged property.
19. Visit Abisko operates vehicles with between 16 and 64 seats. Which vehicle is assigned to any specific journey will depend on demand and time of year.
20. It is the responsibility of the Client/Tour Operator/Agent to fully inform Visit Abisko of all travel details for the transfer at the time of booking. This includes information regarding any medical condition/-s that Visit Abisko should be aware of in order be able to perform its services with the highest possible level of safety.
21. It is the responsibility of the Client/Tour Operator/Agent to provide a full and valid mobile phone number for the Passenger(s) and/or Tour Operator/Agent, including the International Dialling Code. It is the responsibility of the Client/Tour Operator/Agent to check for messages left on this contact number during the final 24 hours prior to the time of the booked transfer or activity. Hotel-to-airport pick-up times can vary due to for instance weather conditions or high levels of traffic. Any notification of changes to pick-up times will be notified by SMS text message or by calling the contact number provided. Visit Abisko will endeavour to take every possible route to contact the Client and/or Tour Operator or Agent to inform of any last-minute changes but takes no responsibility if the Client/Tour Operator/Agent is not obtainable.
22. Any changes to booking details must be made by Clients by email directly with Visit Abisko at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 3 days prior to the date of outbound travel. All changes are subject to availability and may be subject to an administration charge. Any modifications are made at the discretion of Visit Abisko. Any changes to booking details must be made by Tour Operators and Agents as stated in the booking instructions provided by Visit Abisko. If the Tour Operator or Agent has not received the booking instructions, the Tour Operator/Agent is asked to contact Visit Abisko at email@example.com.
23. Visit Abisko reserves the right to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle and/or other Passengers or road users.
24. Smoking is not permitted in Visit Abisko’s vehicles.
25. Visit Abisko will endeavour to carry the Passenger(s) with a minimum of discomfort and inconvenience to their destination at the time shown on their confirmation email. However, Visit Abisko will not incur any liability whatsoever if circumstances beyond its control prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples of circumstances that are not within Visit Abisko’s control (this list is not exhaustive):
- Accidents causing delays to the vehicle
- Restricted vehicular access
- Exceptional or severe weather conditions
- Compliance with requests of the police or government officials
- Unforeseen traffic delays
- Problems caused by other clients
- Other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
26. Force Majeure: Visit Abisko is not liable for failure to perform its transportation obligations if such failure is a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
27. For day trips supplied by Visit Abisko, Passengers are asked to arrive at the reception of their hotel (if applicable) or other selected pick up point 5 minutes before the specified departure time. Visit Abisko reserves the right to depart without any booked Passengers not present at the specified pickup location at the stated departure time. No refund will be available in such an instance. For all excursions and activities not supplied directly by Visit Abisko Clients may be asked to arrive at the starting location or selected pick up location (if applicable) at a different time prior to the starting time. It is the responsability of the Client/-s to read the booking confirmation for each excursion or activity and to contact the supplier or Visit Abisko with any questions about starting- or pick up times.
28. For all excursions and activities not provided directly by Visit Abisko as the primary provider, Visit Abisko acts only as the selling agent for the relevant local supplier/s. The contract is thus between the Client/Tour Operator/Agent and the supplier directly as principle, including any applicable terms and conditions the supplier may have regarding cancellation charges and matters of liability. It is the responsibility of those purchasing the product and participating in any event, excursion or activity to ensure they are adequately covered by their respective insurance company. Please read your terms and conditions of your insurance carefully as exclusions may apply. Where cover is not offered for your chosen event, excursion or activity Visit Abisko strongly recommends purchasing additional cover.
29. It is the responsibility of each Passenger to ensure that they have the correct travel documents to cross borders. Passengers must carry all required documentation to enter and depart the countries as required by law. Passengers must all be responsible for checking they are not carrying any illegal or prohibited goods. Visit Abisko takes no responsibility for any problems occurring at the border.
30. Visit Abisko reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised Terms and Conditions shall be posted on Visit Abisko’s website immediately. Please check the latest information posted herein to inform yourself of any changes.
31. Nothing can affect the consumers’ statutory rights.
32. Swedish Law will govern these conditions, in all respects.